Just DO IT!
At the end of 2019 I decided that I would do something called project 365 in 2020. Basically you just take a photo everyday and either post it, or just keep it for yourself. I wanted to do it so I could watch my kids grow and also so I would pick up my camera more for our every day family moments. For some reason I dandy think that I would keep it up. I just knew I would forget some days, get tired of doing it or just get too busy. Some how though, I managed to pull it off and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! These are some things that I learned.
- It's not going to be perfect. Now this is a hard one for me because I am such a perfectionist. Give your self grace if you don't get the "perfect" photo everyday. Not all photos are going to be "wall worthy" but believe me, they will all mean so much at the end!
- You won't run out of things to take photos of. If you have kids, you are probably already taking at least one photo a day of something cute or funny they did. If you are pregnant, there are so many adventures you'll be going through until your sweet baby arrives!
- You won't always have your camera. I really wanted all of my photos to be taken with my camera but that just did not happen. There were so many busy days when I didn't have my camera with me and my phone did just fine!
- You will forget. Honestly there were probably 2-3 days were I literally forgot to specifically take a photo for this project but luckily I took some random photo that day and it had to work.
- Download an editing app. If you'd like to spice up your photos, download an editing app to your phone and edit your phot quickly each day. It doesn't take much time and makes them all look uniform in the end.
- Download the Collect app. This app is amazing! You can download your photo on each of the calendar days so every month you can see all your photos together and at the end of the year, you can make a video that has every photo.
- Make an Album. Once the year goes by way quicker than you can imagine, get all these photos together and have them printed in an album. You'll be amazed how much your kiddos change from month to month.
I thought I wouldn't do it again this year because it did get a little overwhelming during my busy season at the end of the year but after I made my year in review video and saw all of th photos together, I just couldn't sit this year out! Looking forward to having a new album every year to pass down. If you haven't started yet, no worries, it's not too late! If you have already started, keep up the good work, you are going to have so much fun.