Believe me, I know how stressful planning a family session can be. Between choosing the outfits, getting there on time, trying to get your kiddos to cooperate. It’s pretty daunting. I decided to give you a few tips so it’s less stressful and more fun. (Even your hubby won’t complain).
- Accept help. After scheduling your session, I would love to brainstorm outfits choices for you and your family. We can talk on the phone or even FaceTime, The perfect outfits are really the icing on the cake to an awesome family session and can just make it that much better. I will help you hunt down the perfect outfit for everyone in your family.
- Plan a relaxing day on the day of your shoot. If you spend the day rushing around, running errands or going to appointments, you may be stressed or rushed coming to your session.
- Don’t pose. That’s right, no need to search Pinterest for the perfect poses, lets create some real memories and capture your families true personalities. I want you to be able to look at your photos and just feel the emotion!
- Don’t stress if your kids aren’t cooperating. You may feel like there is no way you’ll even get one good photo of your kid but it’s not as hard as you think. This is one reason that I don’t love pushing poses, it’s not as natural or fun as playing!
- Sit back and relax. 48 hours after your session you will see your families sneak peeks and have your full gallery within a week!
- Don’t let your photos die on social media. You deserve to have your families photos hanging on your wall, displayed in beautiful albums to keep forever and pass down.
That's it! You should be able to relax and enjoy your time together, make those precious memories and don't worry about anything else besides being present.